Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blueberry Waffle Socks

These socks definitely reflect my lack of perfectionism. I prefer to knit both socks simultaneously but on two different sets of needles but unfortunately this is less easy to do when using 100g balls of yarn. Splitting the yarn into two balls always seems such a pain...

So I started this sock and knit down to the toe before deciding weeks later to start the second sock from the inside of the ball of yarn. It was only when I reached the toe of the second sock I realised not only had I made a mistake throughout the entire pattern of the second sock but I had also used two extra stitches on the foot. However, since these are just for me I decided life is too short to rip it out.

The yarn is Interlacements Toast Toes and is lovely and squishy. I'm not sure how well it will wear since it seems very soft. The pattern is the free Blueberry Waffle Pattern although I changed the number of stitches. I also used a round toe which I really like and plan to use again and try variations on it. I just did the following decreasing for this one though:

Round 1: K5, K2tog around.
Round 2-6: Knit all stitches.
Round 7: K4, K2tog, around.
Round 8-11: Knit all stitches.
Round 12: K3, K2tog, around.
Round 13-15: Knit all stitches.
Round 16: K2, K2tog, around.
Round 17-18: Knit all stitches.
Round 19: K1, K2tog, around.
Round 20: Knit all stitches.
Round 21: K2tog around.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks